The sparrows print from the ‘Julia’s Notes’ collection surrounds the little bird feeders.
This little wall hanging quilt is beside the widow that sees the real bird feeders.
This fabric design is truly exciting for me! Having been a quilter for several years I made a goal to create original quilts for all of my nieces and nephews. My desire for these quilts was and is to make them beautiful, and personal, and to carry upon them the hope and comfort of Christ.
I pursued trying to find Christian fabric for quilting. With only a little success I set about finding other ways to achieve my goals………I wrote with fabric pens and used free motion stitches to place words of faith and hope into the quilts. They were lovely yet it seemed to me that many other quilters would love to do the same for heritage quilts so began my path of learning to design.
Now I have learned to design the fabrics I was searching for and can share them with others! Currently I have the designs produced on fabric at Spoonflower and order the amounts I require. This design of the ‘Names of Jesus’ has become my favorite for pillow cases and table runners. For pillow cases I order the cotton sateen fabric which is very smooth to feel and has a bit of shimmer. Great for wedding, birthday, or baptism gifts! Later this year this design and its collection shall be available in the market place. Keep watching and i will let you know when and where!
I hope you enjoy reading some of the names of Jesus visible above!
Blessings to you!
This is a reminder to vote for my design ‘Fishy’ at Spoonflower.com
- Upon arrival at spoonflower click on ‘connect’ and then ‘weekly contest’ and ‘vote on this weeks contest’.
- Scroll through the 14 pages of entries to find the above entry.
- Click in the middle of the image and a green frame will surround it.
- Scroll to the bottom of pg 14 and vote! Thank you!!
Have a happy day – we are having snow and -13 C in Calgary – it’s chilly!
- About this design: looking close you will see what appear to be ‘tube’ fish near the shells and plant life. Isn’t that cool!
- The angel fish were photographed at the Banff Springs Hotel and in Dallas, Texas. Some are re-colored for interest.
- The puffer fish are my own imitation of the real thing and guess what gives the ‘scale’ on their backs?
- Do you like the bubbles and guess what the tentacles coming out from the sea shells are?
- Now those leafy things-what do you think they are?
- I had lot of fun designing this Fishy entry for the ‘ditsy’ design of sea creatures; perhaps with the red fish gone it would appear more ditsy/random. Within the 8×8 nothing repeats so i thought that was quite random!
- Enjoy browsing ‘Fishy’s’ many features.
There is little wind, the sun is shining and it feels calm and inspiring. I have begun to develop the fabric collection around the design I call ‘Thimbles’. Central to that design is a short phrase from Ecclesiastes which says, ‘A Time to Mend’. It seems in my life there are always things to mend! Relationships even have a tendency to get a little battered and torn. So today again, I had to mend a hurt relationship. Even though it was just a little hurt for a little while, it seemed too long. Thanks be to a gracious God who forgives and helps me grow; I can extend His forgiving and caring to others as well.
Peggy in sunny Calgary!
I would like to share with you the design which I created for Christmas this year. This fabric quotes scripture from Rev. 22:13,16b where Jesus declares “I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last…the Bright and Morning Star”. The stars of this design remind me not only of who Jesus is but also of the wise men who were led by a star to Him in Bethlehem.